Join Our Mailing List

Meadowmount School of Music Meadowmount School of Music Meadowmount School of Music
Meadowmount School of Music

Student Visa Information

This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.

Visa information is slightly different for all countries. Following are general guidelines for International Students and Canadian Students. Please visit the American Consulate in your country for more information.

M-1 student visas can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your course of study start date. However, you will not be allowed to enter the United States earlier than 30 days before your start date and have 30 days to leave the United States afterwards.

International Students

1- International Students can use their formal acceptance to Meadowmount letter as their ‘Letter of Invitation’ and their issued I-20 Certificate to apply for the M-1 Visa to attend the Meadowmount School of Music.

2- Do NOT apply for a B1/B2 visa as it is for tourism and do NOT obtain a ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) as this is strictly for travel and cannot be used to study at the Meadowmount School of Music.

International students already studying in the USA with an F-1 visa can use the F-1 visa to attend Meadowmount as long as the status will not expire during their time at Meadowmount. Students on an F-1 visa in the USA are highly recommended provide a photocopy of their F-1 visa to the PDSO or DSO for Meadowmount to ensure their F-1 visa is valid through the summer session.

3- Students will need to go to to pay their SEVIS fee before meeting with their Countries embassy.

4- For the appointment with the embassy to obtain your M-1 visa, you will need to provide:

A – Proof of identity and citizenship (passport)
B – The original I-20 certificate
C – Formal acceptance letter of acceptance to Meadowmount
D – Proof that you paid you SEVIS fee
E – Proof of funds or a receipt from Meadowmount that your tuition is paid

Procedures for Canadians (Canadian Students see below)

1 – Meadowmount will issue the I-20 Certificate and they will use their formal acceptance letter to Meadowmount as the ‘Letter of Acceptance’

2 – Canadian students do NOT need to apply for a visa. Though they DO need to go to to pay their SEVIS fee.

3 – When they receive the I-20 Certificate, they will hold on to this until they get to the border and be sure to show the border their I-20, Where they will need to ensure they are coming into the states as a STUDENT and not a VISITOR

4 – When you cross the border to study you will need to provide the Officer at the port of entry:

A – Proof of identity and citizenship – (Canadian passport)
B – The original I-20 certificate
C – Formal Letter of Acceptance to Meadowmount
D – Proof that you have paid your SEVIS fee
E – Proof that you have the funds to pay for the school that you plan to attend (or a receipt from the school of full payment)
F – Proof of your ties to Canada

For Canadians in the US more than 30 days before the program, you should return to Canada to re-enter with your I-20 Student Status as that will eliminate the need for costly and time-consuming processing of a change-of-status at DHS that could delay your arrival to school.

Detailed information can be found at STUDY in the STATES.

Detailed information for International Students can be found at:


Meadowmount accepts: M-1 Visa and current status F-1 Visa from other USA Institutions

Admitted International Students will be sent the 1-20 Certificate and a Letter of Invitation

After receipt of your I-20, call the American Consulate to make an appointment to apply for your visa.

Canadian Students:

Canadian Students do not need a Visa. You do need the I-20 and letter of Invitation to present at the border along with other information that is required. (see below). You will need to pay the SEVIS Fee online for your M-1 visa. Click HERE.

For more information visit:


Study in the States